Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Week One In America

We have taken the States by storm, and have left blogging in the dust. Most of my major accomplishments involve eating oversized meals from my favorite restaurants. I quickly realized that my line dancing skills have deteriorated while living in India. I couldn't keep up with the floor on Friday, but I am confident my ability was not effected by any pre-dancing libation.

Here are a few of my observations from the first week:

- it is very calm, quite and peaceful here
- the ninety degrees everyone is talking about is not all that hot
- our queen sized bed is awesome
- portion control at restaurants is out of control
- I love reality TV and HGTV is the best channel ever
- I am not as good at driving as I used to be

We don't have any baby updates; however I have made it my duty to go to every baby store in the region. I have to say I am a little disappointed at the lack of gender neutral items. The search is still on for gay parents and twins literature. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Chad

1 comment:

  1. Mandy's blog http://ourmagicaljourney.blogspot.com/ has links to great children's books for explaining to the kiddos how they got here.
    K

    ReplyDelete